Critical essays, reviews, and notices may be submitted by electronic mail (as an attached Microsoft Word document, if possible) or by snail-mail. Please note
that PMC is no longer accepting unsolicited works of fiction or poetry.
- Send correspondence and electronic submissions to
- Managing Editor/Postmodern Culture
- University California, Irvine
- Department of Comparative Literature
- 243 Humanities Instructional Building
- Irvine, CA 92697
The current MLA format is required for documentation in essays; please use a Works Cited page.
PMC does not have a specific word length requirement, but essays
appearing in the journal tend to be between 6,000 and 11,000 words.
- Multi-Media Elements:
- Postmodern Culture can publish still images, sound,
animations, and full-motion video as well as text. For the time being,
the following formatting restrictions should be observed:
- In-line images (on the page) must be in .jpg or .gif formats,
and must be the size at which you want them to display, with the maximum
allowable width being 420 pixels.
- Sound files can be in .au, .wav, Real Audio, or Quicktime
formats. As with image files, HTML markup should indicate placement of the
audio clip, using the exact filename.
- Video should be in MPEG or Quicktime formats. As above,
indicate placement of the video clip in the HTML markup of the document to
which it is attached.
- Bear in mind that your document still needs to be intelligible
without the multi-media elements, since many of our readers will not be
able to see these elements. Also, do remember that you must have
appropriate permissions in order to use photographs, drawings, sound, or
video that was originally produced by someone other than you: the same
intellectual property rules apply to the Web as apply in print.
Back to Contents for All Issues of PMC
Back to IATH WWW Server
Last Modified: Monday, 23-Aug-1999 10:06:31 EDT